10-Week Workshops: Registration, Cancellation and Refund Policies
How to Register
- To ensure the success of our workshops, registration is limited to 12-15 adults per workshop (depending on the workshop). These slots will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Your registration will not be accepted without full payment, unless special payment plan options are made in advance. See below for more information about payment plans. Registrations will be processed in the order they are received.
- After the workshop spaces are filled, we will take names on a waiting list. If space becomes available, we will contact people, in order, from the waiting list.
- NOTE: By paying for the workshop in part or in full, registrants agree to these registration, cancellation and refund policies.
- We will mail or email registrants additional information, including a map and parking instructions.
Payment Plan Options
Call us at 503.796.9224 to discuss and arrange payment options.
Write Around Portland reserves the right to cancel any workshop. In the event of cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund (read below for exceptions regarding inclement weather and other unexpected closures). We reserve the right to substitute workshop facilitators.
Inclement Weather or Other Unexpected Closures
Write Around Portland will not issue a refund due to an unexpected cancellation outside of Write Around Portland’s control. This includes closures due to inclement weather, emergencies, facilitator illness, venue/partner cancellations, or another unexpected closure. Write Around Portland will attempt to reschedule the cancelled workshop session for a later date and notify registrants.
NOTE: for some workshops, a make-up date for unexpected closures may be included in the list of workshop dates at the time of registration; if so, registrants are expected to hold that date open in case of rescheduling.
Write Around Portland will assess a 25% handling charge for participant cancellations received up to 5 business days prior to the first day of the workshop.
Alternately, your payment may be applied to a future 10-week workshop in the same calendar year, contingent on availability, if you let us know 5 business days prior to the first day of the workshop for which you are registered.
No refunds or credits will be given 5 business days prior to the first meeting or thereafter.
We do not pro-rate the cost for sessions missed by participants and do not offer makeup sessions.
Individual Workshop Participant Needs
Write Around Portland welcomes adults (18 and older) to participate. We will make every effort to make accommodations for individuals. Please contact us at 503-796-9224 at least one week prior to the first workshop with requests for specific accommodations.
Questions? Call 503.796.9224